Acceptable Use Policy
This policy sets out some rules that apply when you use our site and our apps to upload your own material such as but not limited to posts, photos, videos, forum chat, discussion boards. We hope they are pretty obvious anyway if you are an awesome human being which all our users usually are!
We’ve set out below in full the standards we expect you to meet. In a nutshell, be cool. Be nice. Don’t use our services to try and get others interested in other products and services which are unrelated to ours. Don’t steal other people’s stuff. Use sensible security measures and don’t use our services to try and mess with the security of other users’ devices. Also, we don’t tend to look at user generated content – the stuff you post yourself on our site or apps where this feature is enabled. Even if we do this occasionally, we are not responsible for what other users post. Please report any posts that you feel breaches our content standards below to: email@example.com.
If you want to include screenshots of our gameplay and Games in your own material please read our Video Policy.
You may not use our site or our apps:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or for any activity that may result in injury, death, property damage, nuisance, or liability of any kind or which may harm others in any way.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm others in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the app or the site, any equipment or network on which the app or the site is stored, any software used in the provision of the app or the site or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- You must not use the app, the site or any service offered by either of them in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users.
- You must not collect or harvest any information or data from the site or the app or our systems.
- We hope this is obvious but you must not misuse our site or apps by knowingly introducing or transmitting viruses, trojans, worms, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site or apps, the server on which they are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site or apps. You must not attack our site or apps via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site and apps will cease immediately. Please back-up content and data used with our apps.
Occasionally we may from time to time provide interactive services on our site and apps, including, without limitation:
- Video-sharing facilities.
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated (reviewed by others) and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site or apps and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site and apps, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to all material which you contribute to our site or apps (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The standards apply to each part of your Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether your Contribution breaches the content standards.
Your Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
Your Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote, assist or incite any illegal content or activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Playstack if this is not the case.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites or apps.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
If you consider a breach of this policy has occurred, please notify us using the functions available in-app or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.